Teacher/Student Website Creation Policy
When creating a website for use with your students the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- The website will not be hosted by Wayne County Public Schools. WCPS does not have the hardware or bandwidth capable of supporting websites for all teachers in the county. The Technology Resource Department does recommend you utilize WCPS Schoolwires Website builder. The Technology Resource Department endorses these services and will assist in supporting them.
- Please include your contact information on the front page of your website. Contact information should include your name, school name, school address, and your email address.
- The front page of the website must include a message describing the overall purpose of your website.
- Please limit hyperlinking to only websites directly related to your curriculum.
- Please update your website at least once a week if the website displays date sensitive material (i.e. posting homework assignments).
- When referring to students on your website, do not refer to them utilizing their full name. Instead use the student’s first name and last name initial. For example, John Smith would be referenced as John S.
- When displaying pictures of students on your website, their names will not accompany the picture and references will not be made of the pictured students using their names.
- You will provide a hyperlink to your school’s website on the front page of your website.
Wayne County Public Schools and Rosewood High School does not actively promote live publishing of student-created websites. If your curriculum requires students to publish a website or you believe having students publish websites will further your educational mission, please contact the Technology Resource department for procedural information regarding student postings. You will be required to submit documentation about what information students will post. Ultimately, you will be responsible for any information displayed on student webpages.